First, I want to greet everyone a happy new year! I hope you guys had a wonderful year! 2017 is here and it’s another moment to conquer.
Me? I didn’t do anything special aside from cleaning, making toast (really) and playing games the whole time while waiting for the fireworks. I did think of things that I want to accomplish for the new year so I guess it’s somewhat not that uneventful.
Well, in a nutshell:
- Despite people screaming how 2016 was the worse year for them, well, I think it was the best year I’ve had and the year where I was able to fulfill more than what I bargained for.
- I got a new job and it’s so bloody amazing. I’ve always thought gaming as a hobby and as an inspiration so when I started going full overdrive with design, it was my muse and it made designing so much fun.
- Technically, higher pay begets a higher cost of living. I’ve managed to get things I’ve always wanted to buy. Figures, gaming peripherals, a new apartment, good food. It was worth it – to be broke, responsibly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- 2016 was also the year korean webtoons came poppin’ out which I think was amazing. I’ve been following a bunch of Japanese doujins/mangas/series ever since time incarnate and the sudden appearance of Korean comics was such a delight. It introduced a fresh perspective, a new way of storytelling with dirty, mature content.
(oooh yeahhh I like it dirtay)Also, they make to do with simple comic paneling and the subtle use of gradients (which is, mind you, really cool). I’ll be posting a bunch of these soon so watch out.
- I’ve managed to finish 20% of my Steam backlog!
- I was also able to stop myself from playing and spending so much in League of Legends…but I ended up getting sucked to the pit of despair called Heroes of the Storm.
- ᕕ( ⁰ ▽ ⁰ )ᕗ
Full Speed Ahead!
As for this blog’s direction this new year… I started Yousoro!! early November. Out of a whim, I wanted to go back to blogging and believe me I enjoyed the journey especially the customizing and all that. Big fan of web design here. I haven’t really finalized the structure as well as the look and feel yet since you can’t customize the CSS with a free plan. But we’ll get to that eventually.
Also, some of you might have noticed the “Neverending Backlog” section in my blog. I used to updated those and add games I planned on reviewing. I managed to follow some and leave some, and it took a toll in me so I’m cleaning them out. I figure that I should not stretch it to more than three this month. Realistically speaking, that number is what I know I can achieve as of now since I write tad bit slower than the rest (and I have to take care of my other portfolio too). I should compromise. Take it easy, nice and slow.
But! I’ll do my best to stick with this conviction and be a bit more pro-active in this community. Expect some certain ‘aggressive’ as I’ll start studying up styles and writing approaches.
- MORE REVIEWS
- MORE YURI
- MORE FANGIRLING
- AND BE MORE RANDOM
There’s not much left to say anymore, so I just want to say thank you. Thanks for sticking around and noticing me, senpais! Here’s to another year!